This is a new Government initiative to support PE, sporting competition and Healthy lifestyles in schools.
To see further information from the government on this please click on the following link:
Click here for the Department of Educations website and overview of the Sport Premium.
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 and now extended to 2016/2017 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding’. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding include:
- · hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- · new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- · paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- · providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- · running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- · buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- · providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
To see how we are going to spend the funding and what we want to achieve please see the document below.
In 2016 our school was voted the winner of the Sport Premium impact award by Northamptonshire Sport. We are very proud and honoured to have won. See the video that accompanied the award below.
Sports Premium Reports